Nov 5, 2018
Episode #22: Twelve Essentials
Most of us want better results few are willing to lead the
change process. Especially when it involves a disruption to
the patterns we have grown accustom. We all have a primal
fear not to have to endure change.
It is the actions of the authentic emotionally intelligent among
us that are creating the environments to embrace innovation and
The Following Are Twelve Proven Essentials for Successful Change
- Select a proven methodology that will actually
work if we implement that system.
- You need skilled individuals to coach the
participants through the change process.
- An emotional connection to the Vision of the
desired result need to be established.
- The grit to move forward even when failure is
a possible outcome.
- Continual rededication to achieve the Vision
of your desired result is essential.
- A daily sense of urgency to take action that
moves us out of our comfort zone.
- The beginner’s mind that views challenges as
information to make better choices.
- A willingness to do the emotional labor that
- The objectivity becoming less resistive,
judgmental and attached to outcome creates.
- Courage to take the leap-of-faith that all
change initiatives require.
- The refusal to become complacent and revert
back to our old habits.
- And finally, a recognition the change journey is a
marathon which never ends.
The individuals and organizations that need change the most are
often the ones that do the most to stop change from
occurring. Change almost never fails because it is too
early. It almost always fails because it is too late.
Our special guest is Joanne Moretti. As a
senior executive Joanne has successfully lead several global
organizations during the past 30 years. https://www.linkedin.com/in/joannemoretti/
Thanks so much for listening! If you like the show please
subscribe to Master of Business
Leadership and rate and review it wherever you get
your podcasts. It really does help new listeners discover the
Phil Johnson on LinkedIn